Hacking Homebrew A new way to experience StreetPass

DelfynoDurians

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all this is turning a bit into ridiculing Soru and badgering them for the Beach artwork. There are five other Netpass spots to check into if you don't wanna see that. And indeed the most mature thing to do is to ignore what you don't like and move on, so I don't think continuing the thread with your thoughts on censorship and/or political stances is going to improve anyone's experience with Netpass, let alone your own.

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all this is turning a bit into ridiculing Soru and badgering them for the Beach artwork. There are five other Netpass spots to check into if you don't wanna see that. And indeed the most mature thing to do is to ignore what you don't like and move on, so I don't think continuing the thread with your thoughts on censorship and/or political stances is going to improve anyone's experience with Netpass, let alone your own.
Agree to disagree (;

Reactions: NoCleverUsername

sorunome

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. Lol gender identity and sexual orientation is all politics. I say this as a gay, mixed-race male.
2. If you get offended by something, you know what you can do? Ignore it and move on. That's what adults do -- not censor one another. The answer to speech you dislike is more speech to rebut the opposition's points. Shutting them down shows you have no argument to make.
1. your cognitive dissonance is real, your own existence isn't political
2. Thank you for stating exactly sorus point, which is why soru will not have others limit the content in her own app. If you don't like that, then do what adults do, ignore it and move on.

DavidGN40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I've gotten some awful messages too. One of them was "I love dick" or something like that. This comment made me remember I wanted to delete that character from my plaza, if such thing is possible.
You can delete any mii from your plaza. Simply select them and click "Delete". You won't even see their messages again unless you Streetpass them again, though.

Last edited by DavidGN40,
Reactions: DrakeLyon

kuro0628neko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. your cognitive dissonance is real, your own existence isn't political
2. Thank you for stating exactly sorus point, which is why soru will not have others limit the content in her own app. If you don't like that, then do what adults do, ignore it and move on.
1. Says the person adding LGBT identity politics to a street pass app.
2. So, you mean you'll take my advice and not censor people? Because that's what adults do, not whatever puerile "teehee I'm rubber you're glue" thing you've got going on.

In any case, glad the app exists. Fully intend on building upon it with a friend if you go full leftist fascist on us 😎

sagey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys can we shut the fuck up about politics and focus on the topic of the thread
Post automatically merged:

This makes the Mii Plaza enjoyable. Thank you!
The only thing I noticed is that it seems to cap out at 9 passes each time I sync.
mine too, I wondered if that was just a problem on my end or if that was a common problem

Reactions: DrakeLyon

DeadOneWalking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and you wanna less?:huh:
No, I want more! Lol, The Mii Plaza allows 10 Mii's at one time, so it's interesting that it tops out at 9.
guys can we shut the fuck up about politics and focus on the topic of the thread
Post automatically merged:

mine too, I wondered if that was just a problem on my end or if that was a common problem
I have seen this come up on reddit, just wanted to add it here as well so others know about it. Regardless, it's a small limitation to have this functionality!

DavidGN40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I want more! Lol, The Mii Plaza allows 10 Mii's at one time, so it's interesting that it tops out at 9.

I have seen this come up on reddit, just wanted to add it here as well so others know about it. Regardless, it's a small limitation to have this functionality!
Getting 10 Miis at once with Netpass is possible, with the previous version I was getting like 10 every hour. With the latest update I've been getting less though.

ratatata69xxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I hate that people want to censor everyone. During the OG 3DS era, you got what you got. The randomness of it all made it fun. Leftoids seriously ruin everything trying to be the morality police; they don't realize that they're being just as prude as the conservatives they make fun of for their love of religion and strict gender roles.
agree with you overall and gaming/movies and even to an extent anime has become ruined by people injecting their poison into it over the years. People should never be censored and I personally find a lot of stuff funny. The good old days before AI would ban you for saying certain words in voice lobbies in Modern Warfare and whatnot were HILARIOUS and people actually chatted and talked. I'm beyond that now cause I'm older and yeah because everyone's got a stick where the sun don't shine these days, lmao.

• Sad
Reactions: kuro0628neko

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If a crudely drawn, pixelated towel with a lgtb-related flag, on a homebrew application of all things, is all someone needs to become angry enough to start ranting about "freedoms" (which guess what, the author has the freedom to put them in too if she desires) and attack another person, doesn't say much in their favor.

...Then again, I guess things like that explain why people clown on the gaming community so easily and often.

can we stop dogpiling soru for no reason? do you have any idea how much of the DIY/homebrew/modding space wouldn't exist without slightly weird trans coders? grow up

love the app tho, it finally let me beat feed mii

...Now that you mention it, yeah, there's certainly some overlap between lgtb and homebrew/emulator scenes, I can think of a handful from the top of my head. I guess it's all ruined now somehow!

-

Netpass has been working without issues on my end. Still no MHXX stretpasses but oh well. Thanks for your work on this, soru.

Reactions: Nos_T and dayjay

theb0zz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made an account just so I can chime in and say it's insane y'all are hating on soru. They're just flags, get over it! Anyways, phenomenal work, this works perfectly for me and I'm grateful with the speed of updates!
ya I totally agree with you and everyone else that does, also I did too create this account so I can express and point things out the adult way, and that's the thing you need to just walk away from a single little thing you don't like about the app, and so far for the past 3 weeks I've enjoyed using this app to generate more and more streetpasses and even saving them as cecd files so I can relay the tags over and over again as much as I can which is always fun to do since I do enjoy modifying stuff through games and done it since my late teens which started off with cheat engine on pc, overall this app is the best and thanks to soru for creating this true masterpiece! :yay3ds:

Reactions: Hymerark

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    A @ Alllrounder: thanks +1