DOOM has been ported to the retro game console in Persona 5 Royal

DOOM is well-known for being ported to basically every device with some kind of input, and that list now includes the old retro game console in Persona 5 Royal. Modders KingJackSkellington and Xan1242 released the DOOMsona mod today, that lets you buy the shareware version of the original DOOM at the second-hand store in Yongen-Jaya. DOOM is fully playable and, like the other games Joker can play in his room, will grant the player a social stat upgrade when they're finished (in this case, his guts will increase) and prompt commentary from Morgana before and after playing.

The mod includes the WAD file for the shareware version of Doom, as well as for FreeDOOM and Chex® Quest, a promotional video game released by General Mills in the '90s based on Ultimate Doom. Upon completing the shareware DOOM, which only comes with the first episode, the player can purchase a full copy of Ultimate DOOM from the same store; however, since this game is still being sold commercially, the WAD file isn't included with the mod and the player must provide their own.

DOOMsona also supports any PWAD that is compatible with Chocolate DOOM, a source port of the original DOOM that aims for historical accuracy and adherence to the experience of playing DOOM as it originally released.

:arrow: DOOMsona GameBanana page

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DOOM for VTech Camera... Does it exist? 😆

713xbj89hCS.jpg

71bWXH4yiPS.jpg

It has a bunch of simple yet fun games so made me wonder... What if DOOM was played on this. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: NitroRevolutionNX

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I was going to say that we're living in a timeline where a game can be played in a game, but I need to remember that GCN Animal Crossing had NES emulation and whatnot.

...raadical.

Sphaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I was going to say that we're living in a timeline where a game can be played in a game, but I need to remember that GCN Animal Crossing had NES emulation and whatnot.

...raadical.
The first game within a game I played was Maniac Mansion inside Day of the Tentacle (aka Maniac Mansion 2). This was in 93-94.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Homefront: The Revolution had TimeSplitters 2 as a playable game.

And more recently...

This is cool, but locking TimeSplitters 2 and Daytona 2 behind another game is just annoying.

Reactions: Sphaa

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I love how well integrated it is, even giving some stat point after playing it, almost feels official

It is a problem when you play in a language other than english tho
But honestly, I would be down to translate some of the dialogue to french. I've done very minor stuff for am2r and wolfenstein blade of agony

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, and I wouldnt like to watch an episode of a show atleast twice to review it...