I have a very simple question

Raydi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is likely a troll account. Those people that you mentioned have no obligations to report their exploits to the community. Also these exploits require lots of research and time that can end up to months to be fully realized. Their work needs to be profitable to them somehow and obv the work will go to the highest bidder because they live in the same world as you where they pay for the cost of living. Yes, there are community donations but that amounts to NOTHING to what bug bounty programs offers. The bug bounty is also a good thing that it exist because it actually motivates more people to search for exploits. It is true that those will be reported to Sony but these exploits are likely to be disclosed at some point, so the community still profits on the long run.

I feel like nowdays people feel entitled to anything which creates of this misconception of people like TheFlow being "a rat".

It is the best of both words. Also i don't get it why you care about GoldHEN with PSN. It just ruins the online experience like it did in PS3 COD games. There are exceptions like cool modders who do add cool stuff, but that is very rare.

EDIT: Cheating is still possible on consoles but at least is not as accessible as system cheats. You need to pay like 70-80 bucks to buy those anti-recoil devices that you use for the controller. And if you get banned GG, you can't do anything whereas with a hacked system you can just spoof your console to appear as a different one

Post automatically merged:

If you want to know the technicality of what the Update blocker for PS4 does, it creates a folder with the name of the update file and that prevents the system from downloading the update since the system doesn't know what to do. I am not sure if at one point Sony patched it by clearing the entire folder if updates fail to download.
TheFlow won't give you a goodnight hug or anything bro. He's just an industry rat and nothing else.

No one is profiting because the PS4 is literally useless without PSN access. It means no DLC, no patches (generally, sometimes people can backport those but not likely) and thus no real GAME. Who cares about "mods" on a base version with no content? No one. Literally no one.

Homebrew is useless because it again requires PC access which CAN DO ALL OF IT BETTER.

It isn't the PS3 era or PSP or even 3DS. It's different. No PSN is useless.

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheFlow won't give you a goodnight hug or anything bro. He's just an industry rat and nothing else.

No one is profiting because the PS4 is literally useless without PSN access. It means no DLC, no patches (generally, sometimes people can backport those but not likely) and thus no real GAME. Who cares about "mods" on a base version with no content? No one. Literally no one.

Homebrew is useless because it again requires PC access which CAN DO ALL OF IT BETTER.

It isn't the PS3 era or PSP or even 3DS. It's different. No PSN is useless.
🤣 Then why don't you release a hack for the most recent FW? I know why because you can't or even say you could your not going to do it for free.
Besides there are on PS4 a lot of full offline games and also a lot of dlc for those games been released.
My guess your A## hurt because you can't cheat for Call of Duty online or similar game without ban and it cost you the Game console and account if you do.🤣

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And Flow, much like smealum and others before him, is an industry rat and attention seeker. Nothing gets revealed if it is currently useful, so if any exploits are known, he already told Sony so we'll never have GoldHEN on a version with PSN access. Wonderful in the generation where 50-75% of the games are locked behind DLCs. :)
Are you kidding? What a horrendous take that is.

TheFl0w discloses any exploit to Sony so that he can earn a bounty on the bug. These can be up to $50,000 if I remember HackerOne's bounty rewards rightly.

• He discloses to Sony, so they can patch the bug then release an update.
  • He's then under an NDA for so long before he can disclose the info to the public.
  • Anyone that wants an exploitable firmware usually stays on as low a FW as possible.
  • Once the NDA time period expires he's allowed to share the info and then, soon after, everyone that was patient and didn't update get's an exploit for their PS4.
All you see everywhere is people say 'ETA WEN' 'When is XXX Firmware exploit coming' blah blah. The fact of the matter is, I'd rather take the $20k-50k than release the exploit instantly to a bunch of unappreciative people that just complain.

Not only that, there's a good reason not to let people who have access to GoldHen access to PSN... The amount of cheaters you'd have online would ruin the experience for everyone. Absolutely stupid statement.

ANYWAY
I have a ps4 (9.00) I recently lost my only usb and I only have an external hdd so the question is can I run the exploit via the hdd and will it function the same as an usb?
When you say "can I run the exploit using a HDD", what do you mean exactly? Do you mean the exfathax.img flashed drive to boot into GolHen? A HDD would probably work, but it's bit overkill as I think the drive only has to be about 8MB!

Last edited by MikeyTaylorGaming,
Reactions: Jstsxlittt

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's the fun part, you don't. Sony downloads updates anyway (even if you set the option off) as long as you're connected to the internet, so if you miss click it's over

As someone above you mentioned there is an option in goldhen to block updates completely. I haven't had an update downloaded to my PS4 in years.

Reactions: Jstsxlittt

Raydi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you kidding? What a horrendous take that is.

TheFl0w discloses any exploit to Sony so that he can earn a bounty on the bug. These can be up to $50,000 if I remember HackerOne's bounty rewards rightly.

• He discloses to Sony, so they can patch the bug then release an update.
  • He's then under an NDA for so long before he can disclose the info to the public.
  • Anyone that wants an exploitable firmware usually stays on as low a FW as possible.
  • Once the NDA time period expires he's allowed to share the info and then, soon after, everyone that was patient and didn't update get's an exploit for their PS4.
All you see everywhere is people say 'ETA WEN' 'When is XXX Firmware exploit coming' blah blah. The fact of the matter is, I'd rather take the $20k-50k than release the exploit instantly to a bunch of unappreciative people that just complain.

Not only that, there's a good reason not to let people who have access to GoldHen access to PSN... The amount of cheaters you'd have online would ruin the experience for everyone. Absolutely stupid statement.

ANYWAY

When you say "can I run the exploit using a HDD", what do you mean exactly? Do you mean the exfathax.img flashed drive to boot into GolHen? A HDD would probably work, but it's bit overkill as I think the drive only has to be about 8MB!
tl;dr: WAAAH OOOH FURO SENPAI WONT YOU KOUHAI ME SENPAIS KAWAAAAAAIII DESU NE ;^^______^^^;;;

So many words to say... nothing. Nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Inquiring minds want to know! lol