Vita won't turn on

XFoxPrower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Vita 11xx won't turn on after messing with ribbon cables (For gamepads?) See Initial Issue below. Plug in power adaptor: No light. Hold Power Button: Slow single orange blink for as long as it's held. No display. It's as though the Vita's saying "There's a battery connection and the power button works, but something's wrong". Does it have to do with all those contact terminals scattered around the board (Pictures: https://bunkaikoubou.jp/ps/psvita-pch1100/pch1100_1lana.html See back, makes connections throughout, particularly to Gamepad components attached by ribbon cables)? Does it have to make a full circuit around? I can't find any guides on blink codes. May as well order a new unit and keep this one around for screws & research.

Initial Issue:
After a spill, various buttons stopped working on my Vita. The D-pad X, and O would work fine in the Bubble menu. But launch an app such as Settings and only the touch screen works. Yet some text-based homebrew would work fine. Except also, Power wouldn't bring up the Power Off menu, so the only way to power off would be to wait for the battery to fully die (weeks?) or use "Shutdown or Reboot" (homebrew, touch screen). Because holding Power for 20 seconds only reboots. And Home wouldn't work, so I couldn't exit apps. Almost seemed like a software issue, but apparently 'R' and possibly other buttons were thought to be held down at the circuit level and maybe different input APIs seem to handle things differently. So I got everything but the right analog stick (random inputs) by wiping down connectors & cables with alcohol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: I fixed it, just uninstalled SDUSB